The iconic Status Quo led by Francis Rossi OBE plus full Support will rock Kendal Rugby Club on late bank holiday Monday in an outdoor concert!
2017 saw STATUS QUO performing across the world, bringing the fans what they wanted and keeping that flame burning. The band performed at the Royal Albert Hall, Sydney Opera House, Wacken and Glastonbury, closing the year out with the Aquostic Live – It Rocks! Tour of Europe and the Plugged In: Live & Rockin’ tour of the UK.
Those live dates are to be the last tour dates for a while, in 2018 the band will take some time out and perform only at one-off gigs and festivals, there will be none of the traditional touring.
Connecting with the fans in 2017 has been really important: in a year like no other, tinged with sadness, the power of music really shone through.
Some incredible 'Quo facts from over the years!
* STATUS QUO’s total world-wide record sales exceed 118 million units!
* QUO have made 106 appearances on BBC TV’s ‘Top of the Pops’ - More than any other group.
* QUO have spent in excess of seven and a half years (415 weeks) in the British Singles Chart - the eleventh highest ever.
* QUO have had 43 hit albums (27 studio albums of new material, 11 compilations, 5 live albums) in the British Albums Chart; more than any other band apart from The Rolling Stones.
* In 1985 QUO opened Live Aid with the song which was to become the event’s anthem ‘Rockin’ All Over The World’.
* September 21st 1991 saw QUO enter the Guinness Book of Records when they played four British shows in 11 hours and 11 minutes. The ‘Rock ’Til You Drop’ event saw shows at Sheffield Arena, Glasgow SE&CC, Birmingham NEC and Wembley Arena.
* 1991 also saw QUO presented with the most prestigious award in British music when they were awarded the BRITS Award for ‘Outstanding Contribution To The British Music Industry’.
* QUO made it a double celebration later in 1991 when HSH Prince Albert of Monaco presented the band with the ‘Outstanding Contribution To The Rock Industry’ award at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo.